Cat Ba, the largest island in Halong Bay, has experienced a tourism surge in recent years. The central hub of Cat Ba Town is now framed by a chain of low-rise concrete hotels along its once-lovely bay, but the rest of the island is largely untouched and as wild as ever. With idyllic Lan Ha Bay just offshore you’ll soon overlook Cat Ba Town’s overdevelopment.
Almost half of Cat Ba Island were declared a national park in 1986 to protect the island’s diverse ecosystems. Most of the coastline consists of rocky cliffs, but there are some sandy beaches and tiny fishing villages hidden away in small coves.
ITINERARY CAT BA TOUR 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS (OVERNIGHT IN CAT BA HOTEL):
DAY 1: HANOI – CAT BA ISLAND (Lunch, Dinner)
7.45 – 8.15: Pick up at your hotel around Old Quarter and then departure to Cat Ba on Hanoi – Hai Phong highway
10.15: Arrive at Got station, take an Express boat to Cat Ba Island
10.45: Transfer to Cat Ba town by bus
11.30: Have lunch and check in hotel.
Afternoon, free time to relax and swimming at Cat Co beach I, II, III
19.00: Have dinner.
Free time to relax and overnight at Cat Ba hotel.
DAY 2: LAN HA BAY (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
6.45: Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
Then our bus’ll pick you up at your hotel to Beo Dock
8.00: Check in boat. Start cruising through Cai Beo fishing village – the largest and the most traditional fishing village in the North of Vietnam, passing Monkey Island (We do not stop at Monkey Island). Then the boat reaches the heart of Lan Ha Bay with thousands of unique shaped karst towels and emerald water.
9.30: Stop at Di San Floating House to visit a family fish farm to see the local’s life, take a photo of the huge “Happy fish” Afterward, the boat continues cruising to the magnificent landscapes before parking at Dau Be Island. Then, discovering the bay on your own way with a double-sharing kayak at Ba Ham Lake, you will explore the beauty of nature in the hidden lagoon with lots of stalactites hang down from the ceiling cave creates strange shapes and sizes. This option depends on the tide level of the bay.
Just in case, the tide is too high we will do 2nd option: Cruising through Cua Van Floating Village, passing Rang Dua Island, Frog Island,…Then go kayaking through Dark Cave, Bright Cave)
12.30: Lunch with seafood and traditional Vietnamese food will be served while the boat keeps cruising. After lunch, our captain will choose the best area to anchor. You will have time to relax then take part in interesting activities: jumping from the top of the boat or swimming in Ba Trai Dao Beach.
14.30: Start cruising back to the harbor
15.45: Arrive at Dock. Come back to your hotel
19.00: Have dinner and overnight in the hotel.
DAY 3: CAT BA NATIONAL PARK – TRUNG TRANG CAVE – HANOI (Breakfast, Lunch)
7.00: Breakfast will be served at your hotel
8.00: Pick up to Cat Ba National park, have a short trekking
On the way back, visit the unique cave named “Trung Trang”
11.00: Enjoy lunch. Check out hotel.
12.30: Returning Hanoi by bus and Express boat.
16.30: Arrive at Hanoi, drop off at your hotel.
End of the tour. Thank you and we look forward to see again in next time trip
PRICE: 210 USD/ PAX
| HOTELS IN CAT BA
|| DOUBLE ROOM
|| SINGLE ROOM
|Catba 2 stars hotel||201$||236$|
|Catba 3 stars hotel||227$||292$|
|Catba 4 stars hotel: Bungalow Monkey Island||318$||422$|
|Catba 4 stars hotel: Bungalow Catba Beach Resort||331$||435$|
|Catba 4 stars hotel: Catba Island & Spa||344$||460$|
|Catba 5 stars hotel: Sunrise Resort||370$||499$|
– Transportation: airconditioned-bus Hanoi ↔ Got station , Express Boat Got station ↔ Cai Vieng, boat in Lan Ha bay
– English speaking guide
– Entrance fees and sight-seeing fees, Kayak
– Meals as mentioned (3 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts)
– Hotel room in Cat Ba( 2 or 3 pax/ room)
– Drinks, travel insurance.
– Tips and others not clearly mentioned above.
– Children under 4 years old are FOC, sharing a room with parent/s. Only one (01) child under 4 years old sharing room with two (02) adults is allowed for FOC.
The second child (under 4 years old) are charged 75%
– Children from 5 to 9 years of age are charged 75%, sharing a twin/ double room
– Children from 9 years old will be considered adult
– Surcharge 20% on above rates for check-in on holidays: 30/4, 1/5, 2/9, 1/1, Lunar New Year
– Surcharge 200.000 vnd/ pax on Friday, Saturday from 1 Jun to 30 Aug
– Surcharge 440.000 vnd/ pax (gala dinner) on Saturday – at Cat Ba Island & Spa from 28 Apr to 1 Agu.
– Surcharge 700.000 vnd/ pax (gala dinner) on Saturday – at Sunrise Resort from 1 Jun to 30 Agu.
– The hotels don’t have share room.
ETG VIETNAM TRAVEL
Office: 11th Floor, Charmvit Tower, 117 Tran Duy Hung Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Tell: +84 8 662 13468. Hotline: +84 973 385 888